Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

For all the office lovers we were probably looking forward to seeing Steve Carell, and he doesn't let us down. Carell is funny as always, not over the top, just does a good job. When seeing the previews one might think that it is a romantic comedy with more comedy then romantic, but after seeing it I would say it is more romantic then comedy. Now there are plenty of things to laugh at, but it was more Dan in Real Life, then Date Night. I also felt that it dragged a little at parts. There is a specific scene about hour and a half in where it turns, and you almost forget that it was dragging. There are surprises, and a good ending.

On a philosophical, those that have talked personally with me about movies, know that I really like the movie Serendipity. The idea is also something that I feel strongly about. There is someone out there for you, and in Crazy, Stupid, Love. that idea is focused on. We all know that Carell's part is getting a divorce, and one aspect of the movie is how the divorce affects his 13 year old son, who is beginning to think about love. At first I was disappointed in the message the movie was sending, that divorce is no big deal, and that you can just move on and not work through the tough times. As the movie went on I got a different message, and really liked the ending.

I thought that the chemistry of the actors was really good. Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling clicked really well, and Ryan Gosling played his part great, and he played off of Steve Carell really well. Kevin Bacon made an appearance and he is kind of one of those cheesy actors that does a good job, but you aren't sure if you can take him serious. He played his part well though. Overall I was going into the movie expecting comedy, and it wasn't as funny as expected, but it was a fun movie, but not my favorite movie. One of those movies where the previews showed the funnier jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment