Monday, July 18, 2011

Taken Back to My Childhood

I went with my mom and sister to see Winnie the Pooh. And it really did take me back to my childhood. Winnie the Pooh was always one of my favorite shows as a little kid. I remember my best friend growing up loved it as well, and that is what we always watched. While sitting in the theater I thought about those childhood memories of playing in the sandbox, setting up a lemonade stand, playing cowboys and indians, creating this huge plans of how we were going to make a theme park, playing in mud, riding old skateboards that we had found down the ditch in my backyard, having sleep overs each month that Disney came out with another Disney Original Movie, we would have pizza soda and watch the movie back to back. The movie was of course a little childish, as it is intended to be. It is a classic tail(spelled like that on purpose) of the Winnie the Pooh gang solving a problem, lots of honey, and it has a part where each character is able to shine. And the credits song by Zoe Deschanel was enjoyable as well. The movie is rather short so you feel scammed paying full price for such a short film, but the memories and feelings it brought back were worth it. There were probably only 10 people in the theater, while I am sure the one next to us which was Harry Potter was full, but I know I made the right choice by seeing my childhood favorite Winnie the Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment