Saturday, July 23, 2011

Super 8

A movie that I really didn't know a lot about going into it. But I quickly fell in love with it. At first you are reminded of the Goonies. There is an conflict with the main character, who was starring in his first movie and did an amazing job. Once the conflict is introduced you meet all of his friends. I thought that the chemistry of the group of kids was perfect. Similar to the Goonies. The kids are filming a movie using a super 8 camera. Which if you stay through the credits you end up seeing the finished movie that they made. There is of course a love interest, which brings in even more drama. There is a big train crash, and it seems like there is some sort of alien like creature that was on the train. The rest of the movie is the kids trying figure out what it is. There was no "Hey you guys", but it was overall a very exciting movie, that kept my interest right to the end. There is the cheesy 80's like movie ending, but I feel that just adds to it, and why I liked it so much. Know we will see if the main actor becomes our next football hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment