Monday, August 8, 2011

Poll Results-Tom Hanks Best Movie

I first would like to thank all those who cast their votes for their favorite Tom Hanks movie. I thought I put a variety of his movies, he does a few different styles, which is probably why he is so successful, he has not fallen into a trap where he plays the same part time and time again. The most popular by a long shot was Forrest Gump. With Saving Private Ryan coming in second and the Other category rounding out the top three. I am curious as to which those were referring to.

I would have gone with Forrest Gump as well, he played the part so well. You seem to just fall in love with the character. I think we all want to be like Forrest, in the way that he sees the world as a place for opportunity. He doesn't see any limitations, and just goes.

We seem to put restrictions on ourselves, and regret not taking advantage of a what is placed in front of us. We almost make fun of people that are so naive, and innocent, but they are the ones not caught up in all the stuff that we cannot control.

They are actually able to enjoy life, while we are sitting here watching the news wondering what is going to happen with the national debt problem, who is the next president, will there be and NBA season, who is going to win American Idol, and all those issues that keep us up at night. Forrest though doesn't see that as he goes through some of the most shaping decades of our countries history.

I know that I look at him, and wish I could just be that carefree and happy. That is why I like it, it is a creative way to portray American history, and it does it through the eyes of a character we all want to be like deep down.

Saving Private Ryan is also an excellent movie, very well done, and makes you grateful for the brave soldiers that fight for our freedom. And also brings us a young Matt Damon that does a great job.

I think that some of Tom Hanks best work is his early stuff. The Burbs, and the Money Pitt are what come to mind though. Simple humor, which is what I love. If you haven't seen them, I would recommend them to anyone.

1 comment: