Friday, August 12, 2011

Flipped


I took this week off from work, and school is out for a couple weeks. So I had some free time, and I had my Blockbuster DVD of the week that I can trade in at any location as many times I want a month, on hand.

 I went in and sadly they didn't have the movie I first wanted so I wondered around, it gets tough to choose when you have already seen most of the new releases. I chose Flipped, the girl at the desk said it was a cute movie, and I felt like I could trust her since she worked at Blockbuster.

Flipped ended up being a cute movie, feel weird calling it cute, but I guess that it what it was. It is a love story between two kids. There really aren't any big name actors in the movie, but the lead actors Madeline Carroll and Callan McAuliffe did a great job. Both are young, but did really well.

Callan's grandpa in the movie is John Mahoney, the dad in Frasier. Mahoney plays a similar roll that he did in Dan in Real Life. The quiet guy off to the side that just sees everything, and then he has his big moment where he knocks some sense into everyone.

Besides being reminded of childhood crushes, and the elementry relationships that we all laugh about now. And it is protrayed really well in this movie. But the way the story is told is what intruged me the most.

It starts out with the boys perspective, and how he moved into this new house and the first day this neighboor girl comes over and starts bugging him right off the bat and it never stops until the eighth grade.


Then it goes back to the begining and the girl tells her story about how it all started, and the story telling goes back and forth and you are able to see both sides of the story, and it makes you laugh seeing how one person takes something compared to the other.

This movie also reminded me of a movie called Little Manhattan. A cute little movie about young kids in love. It is funny to watch young kids think that they are in love and that they have found the one. I recommend both of these movies, if you are wanting to be reminded of those childhood love stories that we can laugh about, and even bring to light what really matters in a relationship, the simple things. A side note, to that last comment. I heard someone tell me on the golf course this week, while telling me why someone he knows got a divorce, it was because they couldn't say sorry. Something so simple.

1 comment:

  1. I have not heard of this movie before. I like Madeline Carroll. She was so cute in Swing Vote. I think we need to Netflix this one. It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete